About Ankle and foot surgery?
Foot and ankle surgery is often considered as the last option after various failed treatments and non- surgical procedures. The foot and ankle surgery depends on the state of the condition, the type of injury, the severity of the injury, tendons or ligaments. Dr.Praful’s orthopedic hospital offers the best ankle & foot surgeries in Hyderabad with completely safe and guaranteed results.
Types of ankle and foot surgery
- Metatarsal foot surgery – metatarsals or metatarsal bones are a group of 5 bones that are present in the foot. Metatarsophalangeal joint dislocation occurs when the tips of the small joints become arthritic. The metatarsal foot surgery is done when this condition worsens over the period of time.
- Bunions foot surgery – bunions are very common and are lump-like. They occur at the base of the big toe causing it to become distorted or deformed. The bunions can be treated with osteotomy where the metatarsals are straightened or fixed.
- Hammertoe foot surgery – hammertoes just like bunions is when toes become bent causing extreme pain. This can be treated with arthroplasty or arthrodesis.
- Plantar fasciitis foot surgery – plantar fasciitis is a tissue connecting the heel to the toe. The surgery however relieves the pain and is usually rare.
- Ankle arthritis surgeries – ankle arthritis is a condition that cannot fully be cured. Surgeries like ankle fusion, ankle replacement, triple fusion help manage ankle arthritis.
- Achilles tendon disorders – A tear in the achilles tendon causes achilles tendon disorders and surgery would be required to prevent it from reappearing.
- Morton’s neuroma foot surgery – this happens when the skin tissues around the toes or the nerves in the toes become thick causing excruciating pain.
- Tibialis posterior dysfunction foot surgery – Tibialis posterior is a muscle that supports the instep and an injury to the tendon can cause inflammation to the tibialis posterior tendon.
Ideal candidates for Ankle & Foot surgery?
At initial presentation
At the initial consultation with our doctor, you will be required to discuss your worries and queries. The doctor will ask you for any medical conditions that you have including a complete medical history. The medications or supplements that you currently take, will have to be listed. Any sort of allergies or illnesses that you have must be informed to the doctor beforehand. The doctor will then explain further proceedings about the type of surgery, its requirements, the cost of the surgery, the mandatory implementations etc. The initial consultation would be the right time to discuss and deliberate your choices before opting in for the surgery.
Instructions before surgery
- You may be required to not eat or drink anything prior to the surgery.
- Take any medication that is prescribed by your doctor as advised before the surgery.
- A thorough checkup would be done.
- The doctor may ask you to get a scan or an X-ray taken.
Possible complications post surgery
Some of the potential risks of the surgery include –
Instructions After surgery
- Keep your foot elevated to avoid excessive swelling.
- Maintain hygiene to prevent any further infections.
- Do not tamper with the dressing as it can result in bleeding.
- You will be required to walk or move around in order to avoid blood clots.
- You can also use crutches or a walker for free movement.
Well, it depends on the type of surgery that is required based on your condition. However,you can get in touch with us for any further details regarding the cost of ankle and foot surgery.
yes , absolutely. Dr.Praful’s Orthopedic clinic in Hyderabad offers the best ankle and foot surgery that is performed by highly certified and qualified doctors. The procedure is done in a completely sanitized and safe environment.
The recovery depends entirely on the type of surgery that was conducted. You can check with your doctor for the recovery period and any additional measures that are to be taken.
Alternate measures for ankle and foot surgery include -
- Foot care including the type of footwear etc.
Mon – Fri
08.00 – 20.00
Sat – Sun
09.00 – 16.00
Hear from Our Patients
Years of Experience
Get In Touch With Us
Get a customized one-on-one consultation with the top surgeons in Dr.Praful orthopedic hospital in Hyderabad.