Robotic knee replacement surgery
One of the best Robotic Knee Replacement Surgery in Hyderabad with top-notch Robotic Knee Replacement Surgery services. Book an appointment and visit our clinic now for 100% safe and affordable orthopedic surgeries by Dr.Praful.
Book your appointment through Whatsapp or by dialing up @Mobile Number.
The doctor inspects your issue extensively to completely understand the cause and the issues associated with your ailment.
A detailed treatment plan is created based on your unique needs and requirements.
With each treatment that you undergo, you are advancing towards recovery.
Post-treatment follow up
Our team follows up to keep track of your recovery progress.
What is Robotic Knee Replacement?
Robotic knee replacement is a surgical procedure in which a damaged knee joint is replaced with an artificial joint using a robotic system. This procedure is similar to traditional knee replacement surgery, but it involves the use of a robotic arm and specialised software to assist the surgeon in performing the surgery with a higher level of accuracy.
Common Reasons For Knee Replacement Procedure
Knee replacement surgery is a treatment when the knee is not able to function normally. The most common condition that results in the need for knee replacement surgery is osteoarthritis.
People with severe degenerative joint disease such as osteoarthritis may be unable to perform regular tasks that require the bending of the knee, such as walking or climbing stairs, due to chronic pain. The knee may swell seeing that the joint is not stable.
Other types of arthritis, such as rheumatoid arthritis and arthritis caused by a knee injury, may also lead to knee joint degeneration. Furthermore, fractures, damaged cartilage, and/or torn ligaments might result in an irreversible knee joint injury.
What symptoms may indicate you need a Knee Replacement?
Knee replacement surgery may be recommended if you are experiencing significant pain, stiffness, and loss of mobility in your knee joint. Some common symptoms that may indicate you need a knee replacement include:
- Persistent Pain: Pain in the knee joint that is not relieved by medication or other non-surgical treatments may be a sign that a knee replacement is necessary.
- Stiffness: Stiffness in the knee joint that limits your ability to move or bend your knee may be a sign of arthritis or other joint problems that could require a knee replacement.
- Swelling: Swelling in the knee joint may be a sign of inflammation or damage to the joint that could require surgery.
- Limited Mobility: If you are unable to perform daily activities, such as walking or climbing stairs, due to knee pain and stiffness, a knee replacement may be necessary.
Deformity: If your knee joint is visibly misaligned or deformed, this may be a sign of advanced arthritis or other joint problems that may require a knee replacement.
Advantages of Robotic Knee Replacement
- Greater precision: The use of a robotic arm allows for more precise bone cuts and implant placement, which can result in better alignment and fit of the prosthetic joint components.
- Customisation: The robotic arm can take into account the patient’s unique anatomy and adjust the surgical plan accordingly, allowing for a more personalised approach to knee replacement surgery.
- Reduced risk of complications: The increased precision and accuracy of the robotic arm can help reduce the risk of complications such as blood loss, infection, and nerve damage.
- Shorter recovery time: Robotic knee replacement surgery can result in a shorter recovery time due to the smaller incisions and reduced tissue damage.
- Improved outcomes: Robotic knee replacement surgery have better functional outcomes and a higher rate of patient satisfaction.
Performing a Robotic Knee Replacement Surgery with Mako Total Knee 2.0
The Mako Total Knee 2.0 system utilises advanced 3D imaging technology to create a virtual model of the patient’s knee. The surgeon uses this model to plan the surgery and determine the optimal position and alignment of the implant. During the actual surgery, the robotic arm is used to guide the surgeon’s instruments and ensure that the implant is placed exactly as planned.
The benefits of robotic knee replacement surgery with Mako Total Knee 2.0 are numerous. First and foremost, it allows for greater precision and accuracy in implant placement, which can result in a better functioning knee and a faster recovery time. Additionally, because the surgery is less invasive, patients typically experience less pain and swelling, and have a shorter hospital stay and recovery time.
The Mako Total Knee 2.0 system is also highly customisable, allowing the surgeon to tailor the procedure to the unique needs of each individual patient. This is particularly important for patients with complex knee anatomy or who have had previous knee surgeries.
- Stiff knees
- Excessive swelling in the knees
- Experiencing pain while walking, moving, or performing any physical movements
- Extremely damaged knee joints or bones
- Unaffected by medications or therapies
The procedure takes 1 to 3 hours.
It will take up to 5-6 weeks to resume usual activity and 3-4 months to recover fully from the knee replacement surgery.